We envision Mountain View to be a school where...
- There is mutual respect, responsibility, and cooperation among the school community.
- The environment is a safe, secure, and inviting place which promotes student learning.
- Our students are equipped with skills which enable them to apply their learning in meaningful context.
At Mountain View Elementary we believe:
- Policies and procedures that support excellence and equity in student performance will be established collaboratively.
- Assessment will have instructional value that measures student learning so that students, parents, and teachers are informed of progress.
- Students will be challenged and encouraged when learning in ways that are adapted to their needs.
- Instruction will promote learning, support federal/state standards, and actively engage students.
- Decision-making will engage faculty/staff, parents, and community participation to enhance school improvement efforts.