...education is the responsibility of the students, families, community and the educators.
...individual learning styles and progression allow for maximum student success.
...a school environment should promote respect and personal responsibility for all members.
...students should be actively engaged in a variety of learning opportunities daily.
...program choices allow for family flexibility and promote an individual education for all.
Our mission is to provide engaging learning experiences within a safe and nurturing environment as we position our PK-4th grade students to achieve academic excellence, build character through leadership and life skill experiences, and exemplify the principles of lifelong learning.
We envision producing students who are educated, cultured, and experienced in critical and technological reasoning, while contributing as productive members of our learning community and ever-changing world. This will be accomplished through meaningful learning and leadership opportunities within our diverse community in which each student is challenged to reach his or her maximum competency as a lifelong learner and contributing member of society.
School - Parent - Student Compact
The FACULTY AND STAFF of Woodland Elementary, in seeking to enrich the learning environment of all students, promise to do the following:
- Provide a safe environment for all students.
- Plan for the most effective instructions.
- Stay current in our training.
- Use effective classroom management techniques.
- Evaluate students, self, and school and use the results for improvement.
- Communicate with all parents in a timely manner.
- Encourage independent, problem solving behavior for all.
- Have high expectations for all students, staff, and parents.
- Assign appropriate meaningful homework.
- Provide parent meetings at flexible times on varied topics.
- Identify and foster the strengths of each student.
- Read aloud to children on a regular basis.
- Support parents as they continue their child's learning at home.
The PARENTS of Woodland Elementary's students, in supporting their children's learning, promise to do the following:
- Know that a child's most important learning starts at home with parents.
- Be aware of homework assignments and help as needed.
- Arrange a quiet place for homework to be completed.
- Read to my child, or listen to my child read to me at least 15 minutes per day.
- Help my child get a good night's sleep each night.
- Send my child to school dressed appropriately.
- Ask my child to tell about his day at school.
- Listen to my child.
- Be aware of how my child plays and with whom.
- Help my child experience things that are outside our usual daily activities.
- Notice harmful and/or unusual behaviors and ask for help.
- Participate in the school's activities, visit and volunteer to work with the school.
- Ask for help on my assignment when I need it at school and home.
- Complete my assignments and turn them in on time.
- Display respectful behaviors that will help me learn.
- Always do my best.
- Discuss my school day and give school information to my parents.