Johnson City Schools to Welcome Back Students
Johnson City Schools’ teachers, principals and staff, along with Superintendent Dr. Steve Barnett, will welcome students back on Wednesday, August 2 with an abbreviated day. The arrival and dismissal schedules for August 2 are as follows:
- Science Hill High School – 7:40 to 11:00 a.m.
- Liberty Bell Middle School – 7:40 to 11:00 a.m.
- Indian Trail Intermediate School – 7:50 to 11:10 a.m.
- Elementary schools – 8:15 to 11:30 a.m.
All schools will be in full session on Thursday, August 3.
As students head back to school, it’s particularly important to obey traffic laws and drive safely in school zones.
- Be patient during drop-off and pick-up if you drive your student to school or drive near a school. The roadways surrounding schools are congested during these times.
- Be aware of students where there are no sidewalks along the road and when backing out of driveways.
- Watch for younger and less predictable children who may dart into the road.
- Stop and wait for school buses when red lights are flashing.