- The meeting of the International Student Organization scheduled for Wednesday, October 18th has been canceled.
- Science Bowl will practice tomorrow in Mrs. Brouillette’s room from 3:00-4:00pm. If you were given participation forms last week, those must be signed and returned by tomorrow afternoon or you will not be able to participate in the competition this year.
- Please congratulate the Hilltopper marching band for being crowned Grand Champion at the Spartan Southern Classic in Hickory, North Carolina this past Saturday. The band earned second place in their class in colorguard while earning first place awards in drum major, percussion, music, marching, and general effect. The band was first in the largest class and earned Grand Champion for the highest score for the day out of 21 bands from Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Go Topper Band!
SHHS sophomores interested in attending a FREE six week summer 2017 program at either Cornell University or the University of Michigan through the Telluride Association should apply at: tass.tellurideassociation.org immediately! Students selected for this program will explore intellectual interests, critical thinking, public speaking, & community service opportunities. Applications must be turned in no later than November 27. Students with intellectual vitality, interpersonal awareness, & leadership should apply (particularly students from underserved populations).
- ANY STUDENT WHO PLANS TO RUN TRACK, NEED TO SEE COACH JONES OR COACH BREWER TO PICK UP YOUR CHRISTMAS WREATH FUNDRAISING PACKET. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE COACH JONES IN THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE OR COACH BREWER IN ROOM A288.
- Young Democrats will be meeting in Ms. Martinez's room (A263) every Monday, 2:45-3:00, and GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) will meet every Wednesday at the same times.
- After school Credit Recovery will be offered Tues through Thurs this week.
- Science Hill Wrestling apparel is available now till October 30th. If any student would like to purchase apparel please check with any current member of the boys or girls wrestling team to see our current 2017-18 catalog. Students can also purchase apparel from either Coach Miller or Coach Price any time before October 30th.
- Members of the wrestling team will have a table set outside the Hillside Cafe next week during all lunch periods for students to look through our catalog and order apparel at that time.
- DUE TO STUDENT REQUEST, auditions for Fall Fest have been moved to Monday and Tuesday, October 23 and 24, 3:00 - 5:00 each day in the SHHS Fine Arts Auditorium. The sign-up sheet for auditions is on the choir room door (713). Please share your talent with us - we welcome all school appropriate acts!