- The benefits of graduating as a Tennessee Scholar are scholarships, job preferential hiring, a better preparation for success in college, and/or the workforce, rewards and recognition from business, gives you a global competitive edge, and the chance to a better career. If you are interested in the rewards and benefits of graduating as a Tennessee Scholar, please complete this application return it as soon as possible to your school counselor. All rewards, scholarships, and benefits associated with being a Tennessee Scholar are non- competitive. Click here to print the Application for Tennessee Scholars.
East TN Foundation is pleased to announce the East TN Foundation 2018 Scholarship Application. Please go to www.easttennesseefoundation.org for more information. All ETF scholarship applications must be completed and submitted online. Scholarship and the 2018 application is available at http://www.etf.org/scholarships Application deadline is Feb. 15, 2018
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program: $1000. Deadline is June 14th. Apply at http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
Johnson City Junior League: must be a female, graduating senior from Tri Cities. Must be attending a 4 year local University, demonstrate outstanding extracurricular involvement and volunteer commitment to tri cities, GPA 3.0. Student must be recommended by a teacher, school administrator volunteer organization director. One $2000 scholarship will be awarded, $1000 in the Fall and $1000 in the Spring. Deadline is MARCH 1st. Applications available in the guidance office.
Elizabeth Biosca Scholarship for Excellence is now available. This is for a student with a strong interest in pursuing a field of study with a foreign language. This is a $2500 one time scholarship. Applications are available in the guidance office. They MUST be turned in by MARCH 23rd, 2018.
The Sheila Bolding Cox “Love of Community” is now available. The student that receives this scholarship must have had a strong community service background. This a one time $2500 scholarship. Applications are available in the guidance office. They MUST be turned in by MARCH 23rd, 2018.
The Stan and Thelma Plumlee Scholarship is available now. This scholarship is awarded each year by the Tenn Housing Association. This is a four year scholarship with a total value of $8000, provided the student stays in school. The student must be associated with the manufactured housing industry in some way, either by living in a manufactured home, work in the industry or having a close relative who works in the manufactured housing industry. Must attend a Tenn college, university or trade/technical school. Must have a state level GPA must be maintained. The application is available at https://tnmha.org/education/scholarship The deadline is MARCH 8, 2018.
- All students that plan on participating in college athletics once they graduate should visit the NCAA website for info on academic changes that will be in place once you graduate.
The Fairmont Elementary Carol McGill Scholarship is now available for any senior pursuing higher education at an accredited institution who “graduated” from Fairmont. The money is to be used for tuition or other school expenses. Applications are available in the guidance office and must be turned in NO LATER than MARCH 23, 2018.
The Valerie Leath Scholarship from Towne Acres Elementary is now available. Please go to the Towne Acres School webpage or you may come by and scan the bar code for more information. They must be turned in to Towne Acres NO LATER than March 20, 2018
The SHHS Counseling Department has created a Remind account which will send reminders of important deadlines, events, scholarships, etc to any SHHS student or parent that wishes to sign up. This is a one way messaging system and you can unsubscribe at any time. You can choose to receive our reminders via email or text. It is a free service and no one at SHHS will ever see your phone number or email address. To sign up, please choose from ONE of the options below:
CLASS OF 2018, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2018 to 81010
- Or visit the website: https://www.remind.com/join/topper2018
CLASS OF 2019, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2019 to 81010
- or visit the website: https://www.remind.com/join/topper2019
CLASS OF 2020, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2020 to the number 81010
- Visit the following website: remind.com/join/topper2020
CLASS OF 2021, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2021 to the number 81010
- Visit the following website: remind.com/join/topper2021