Johnson City Schools 2018-2019 Pre-K registration dates
Johnson City Schools will begin Pre-K registration for the 2018-2019 school year. Your child must be four years of age on or before August 15, 2018. You must also reside in a Title I school zone (Cherokee, Fairmont, Mountain View, North Side, South Side, Woodland). Registration days will be held at each school and parents must attend the meetings between 9 a.m. – noon or 1 p.m.-3 p.m. on the assigned day. Your child is required to attend registration with you and it is important for parents to attend registration day at the school in which they are zoned for. It is also important to bring the proper documents with you, including birth certificate, Tennessee Child Heath Record, a copy of your child’s social security card, proof of residency/address, and proof of income. More information is available on the Johnson City Schools website at www.jcschools.org.
Registration Information / Dates:
Cherokee (434-5281) May 9, 2018
Fairmont (434-5275) May 4, 2018
Mountain View (434-5260) May 7, 2018
North Side (434-5249) May 14, 2018
South Side (434-5290) May 8, 2018
Woodland (434-5267) May 10, 2018
TIME: 9:00 - noon / 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
How to Register Your Child for Pre-K School Year 2018-2019
- Your child must be four years of age on or before August 15, 2018.
- You must reside in a Title I School Zone
(Cherokee, Fairmont, Mountain View, North Side, South Side, Woodland)
- Attend Registration Day WITH YOUR CHILD at the school for which you are zoned.
- Bring the following documents. (NOTE: Your child’s registration is NOT complete until
ALL of the following requirements are met):
- Proof of Age Affidavit (i.e., Birth Certificate-mother/hospital copy, hospital letter, etc.)
(please bring a copy to be kept in permanent school record)
Note: Copies of Birth Certificates may be obtained daily from the Washington County Health Dept. (219 Princeton Rd.) Please call for an appointment (975-2200). (TN residents only).
- Tennessee Child Health Record (white form from Health Dept. or private provider)
- Health examination, signed by health care provider and dated on or after 7-1-17 and must include up-to-date immunization record. (If needed, appointments for examinations should be made as soon as possible).
- Copy of child’s social security card (if a social security number is unavailable,
the school will assign a Personal Identification Number or PIN)
- Proof of Address (lease, power bill, water bill)
- Proof of Income for each working household member (paycheck stub, Food Stamp letter, etc)
If you miss Registration Day, please contact Patti Fatherree at 423 434-5220.