Elective Focus Area
Students will complete an elective focus earning no less than three credits in any one of the following areas: Math & Science, Humanities, Fine Arts, Career and Technical Education program (CTE), JROTC, or Advanced Placement/Dual Enrollment.
- Students completing a CTE elective focus must complete three units in the same CTE program of study.
- Math & Science includes courses in science and math that are above the graduation requirement.
- Humanities includes any course in social studies, foreign language and English that is above the graduation requirement. It can be a combination of any of these courses.
- Fine Arts is any course in fine art that is above the graduation requirement.
- Advanced Placement/Dual Enrollment includes any three AP/DE classes including those required for graduation. Students may count an AP/DE class towards both a graduation requirement and an area of focus requirement at the same times.
- JRTOC includes three JROTC classes taken that do not already count for other substitutions. (2 credits can be substituted for Wellness requirement, 2 additional credits can count for PE/Finance requirement, 3 additional credits can count for focus)