Middle School Dance Team
LBMS Volleyball Team
ITIS Related Arts Special Music Requests
Enrolling in a special music program is NOT mandatory. Students may enroll in ONE of the three special music programs and only one.
Students will be committed to this special music selection until the end of the 1st semester at which time they may choose to drop.
Any request to drop must be submitted in writing to administration at the end of Quarter 2. If the music class is not dropped at the end of Quarter 2, your child will be required to stay in there until the end of the school year.
You may sign your student up online through the link below or download and print a copy to be returned to the school office: 307 Car-Mol Dr., Johnson City, TN 37601
ITIS Sneak Peek
Indian Trail performing arts
We want you to be a part of the music at Indian Trail! We offer three performing arts classes which include band, chorus and orchestra. We do not require students to have experience, they only need to be eager to learn and excited about music. For more information, please click here to visit the performing arts page. Or visit IndianTrail.JcSchools.org/performingarts
Car Line Procedures - July 24, 2019
As part of our plan to ensure student safety, Indian Trail Intermediate School requires the use of Indian Trail Car Line Dismissal Cards. These cards are required in order to pick up your child in the afternoon carline. To make the process more convenient. Afternoon Dismissal Team has worked hard to increase the efficiency of our car line and most days we are finished within 15 minutes! To help us improve student safety during afternoon dismissal, we are in need of your help. Please thoroughly review and complete the attached documents, see below.
- Updated Afternoon Dismissal Procedures: Please read and review this list with anyone responsible for picking up your student(s)
- Request for Dismissal Cards: Please complete the form in the link to request dismissal cards. Dismissal cards will be available for pick-up in your student's classroom during their Meet & Greet. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZCwd62udgNoYEBQoBKd8y_1WqE72jrBAn_sgAy00l1w/edit
We appreciate your continued support and helping us to ensure student safety.
Dr. James Jacobs
Middle Grades Program of Studies
We have compiled a program of studies that we hope will help students and families become more familiar with the programs and classes that are offered at both Indian Trail Intermediate School and Liberty Bell Middle School. To view the document, please click here.
CYBERBULLYING - Things you need to know:
Parents, cyberbullying is on the rise. In an attempt to be proactive, we have created a PowerPoint to help increase your awareness.
CHECK OUT OUR INTRAMURALS AND PE CLASSES IN THE VIDEO BELOW!
- Students will have their core classes: English Language Arts, Math, and Science/Social Studies.
- Students have two related arts per day. Students who sign up for performing arts will have their chosen class every day for the entire year. Performing arts students will also have an additional related arts class daily that will rotate each nine weeks.
Hawks Time & Team Time
- There are two outside activity times at ITIS per day, Team Time and HAWKS Time.
- Team Time is a 25-minute activity time
- HAWKS Time is an additional 20-minute block of time for students to go outside. HAWKS is an acronym for Healthy Activities Where Kids Smile.
- HAWKS Time will occur four days a week. On the fifth day, teachers will incorporate social/emotional activities such as team meetings and class meetings. Our goal is to build community, improve relationships, resolve conflicts, and create organization and structure. This is also a great time to recognize outstanding student behavior. Again, we will continue to focus on teaching whole child.
Our teachers are committed to improving consistency from hallway to hallway with the types of communications we utilize. In order to achieve this, our leadership team created the following guidelines for our school:
- Weekly Emails from the team to parents
- Grades Teachers will enter student grades in PowerSchool weekly so that parents have access to up-to-date and accurate academic progress
- Wednesday Folders are used for sending information home to parents
- Trackers are emphasized and utilized as a communication tool between teachers and parents