Car Line Procedures Changes
October 3, 2018
Recently, you may have noticed a few changes to the car line. Changes have included new student seating, a number system and additional radio communication. The Afternoon Dismissal Team has worked hard to increase the efficiency of our car line and most days we are finished within 15 minutes! To help us improve student safety during afternoon dismissal, we are in need of your help. Beginning Monday, October 15th, cars will require Indian Trail Dismissal Cards. Please thoroughly review and complete the attached documents, see below.
- Updated Afternoon Dismissal Procedures: Please read and review this list with anyone responsible for picking up your student(s).
- Temporary Dismissal Card: You will need to complete this and display in your driver’s side window until you receive your permanent Indian Trail Dismissal Card.
- Request for Dismissal Cards: This form will need to be completed and returned to school. The information you place on this card will be printed on your permanent Indian Trail Dismissal Card. Please remember to note how many Dismissal Cards you will need.
We appreciate your continued support and helping us to ensure student safety.
Dr. James Jacobs
CYBERBULLYING - Things you need to know:
Parents, cyberbullying is on the rise. In an attempt to be proactive, we have created a PowerPoint to help increase your awareness.
CHECK OUT OUR INTRAMURALS AND PE CLASSES IN THE VIDEO BELOW!
We regret to inform you that the Science Hill High School Junior Chef Academy will not take place this summer 2018.
- Students will have their core classes: English Language Arts, Math, and Science/Social Studies.
- Students have two related arts per day. Students who sign up for performing arts will have their chosen class every day for the entire year. Performing arts students will also have an additional related arts class daily that will rotate each nine weeks.
Hawks Time & Team Time
- There are two outside activity times at ITIS per day, Team Time and HAWKS Time.
- Team Time is a 25-minute activity time
- HAWKS Time is an additional 20-minute block of time for students to go outside. HAWKS is an acronym for Healthy Activities Where Kids Smile.
- HAWKS Time will occur four days a week. On the fifth day, teachers will incorporate social/emotional activities such as team meetings and class meetings. Our goal is to build community, improve relationships, resolve conflicts, and create organization and structure. This is also a great time to recognize outstanding student behavior. Again, we will continue to focus on teaching whole child.
Our teachers are committed to improving consistency from hallway to hallway with the types of communications we utilize. In order to achieve this, our leadership team created the following guidelines for our school:
- Weekly Emails from the team to parents
- Grades Teachers will enter student grades in PowerSchool weekly so that parents have access to up-to-date and accurate academic progress
- Wednesday Folders are used for sending information home to parents
- Trackers are emphasized and utilized as a communication tool between teachers and parents