Dear Indian Trail Families,
It is hard to believe that I have been the principal of Indian Trail Intermediate School for almost four years! This is the best job I have ever had and I truly love our school. Proven success comes from constant re-evaluation and is always a focus at our school. I strongly believe that a school with a positive climate will increase student achievement. This is the reason we have partnered with the Tennessee Department of Education and will participate in their online school climate survey for the second year in a row. Our administration and leadership team will use the results of the survey to make improvements to our school. We take your input very seriously, so if you like what we are doing please tell us. If you have constructive feedback, please share. The survey has 47 questions and will take about 20 minutes, so please hang in there and complete the survey.
James Jacobs, Principal
- Click here for: School Climate Parent Survey
- Sample Student Survey
- Parent Consent to Complete Student Survey
- Students will have their core classes: English Language Arts, Math, and Science/Social Studies.
- Students have two related arts per day. Students who sign up for performing arts will have their chosen class every day for the entire year. Performing arts students will also have an additional related arts class daily that will rotate each nine weeks.
Hawks Time & Team Time
- There are two outside activity times at ITIS per day, Team Time and HAWKS Time.
- Team Time is a 25-minute activity time
- HAWKS Time is an additional 20-minute block of time for students to go outside. HAWKS is an acronym for Healthy Activities Where Kids Smile.
- HAWKS Time will occur four days a week. On the fifth day, teachers will incorporate social/emotional activities such as team meetings and class meetings. Our goal is to build community, improve relationships, resolve conflicts, and create organization and structure. This is also a great time to recognize outstanding student behavior. Again, we will continue to focus on teaching whole child.
Our teachers are committed to improving consistency from hallway to hallway with the types of communications we utilize. In order to achieve this, our leadership team created the following guidelines for our school:
- Weekly Emails from the team to parents
- Grades Teachers will enter student grades in PowerSchool weekly so that parents have access to up-to-date and accurate academic progress
- Wednesday Folders are used for sending information home to parents
- Trackers are emphasized and utilized as a communication tool between teachers and parents