Happy New Year North Side Families! Just a little attendance reminder…
As we begin the New Year please keep in mind the attendance policies and procedures put in place by the Johnson City Schools and the State of Tennessee.
- Appointments should be scheduled outside of the school day and vacations during the appointed breaks.
- If a student accumulates 3 absences, the family will be notified in writing. At 5 absences, the parents/guardians will be asked to attend a meeting with the school Attendance Team to create an attendance plan. This is Tier 1 of the attendance procedures.
- Unexcused absences of six or more days will be referred to juvenile court for a mandatory meeting with the court assigned Probation Officer. This is Tier 2 of the attendance procedures.
- After 8 unexcused absences, a truancy petition will be filed with the court and a mandatory meeting will be scheduled with the Juvenile Judge and a report will be made to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services. This is Tier 3 of the attendance procedures.
- After 10 consecutive unexcused absences, we are required to make a report to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services stating Educational Neglect.
Each grade level is in competition to see which class has the highest attendance percentage each week in order to receive the trophy at the end of each 9 weeks. These classes are recognized at The Gathering.
We have now reached the wintery time of the school year when sickness tends to make its way through our homes. PLEASE be sure to call the school office at 434-5249 when your child will not be attending school.
December / January reminders..
- 4TH Grade Program/PTA meeting on Tuesday, December 17th @5:30 in the cafeteria
- Early Dismissal on Friday, December 20th @ 11:30
- Winter Break from December 23-January 6
- School resumes on Tuesday, January 7
- Report Cards go home on Tuesday, January 7
- After School tutoring begins Monday, January 13
- No School on Monday, January 20