Science Hill designates drop-off locations to ease traffic congestion
To view the map scroll to the bottom or click here.
Science Hill High School has designated student drop-off spots to try and ease the congestion of traffic on campus. Students can be dropped off at the most convenient location.
The drop-off locations include Topper Lane - which will be one-way from 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. - in front of the main office or at the new gym. Students that begin or end their day at the CCTE campus may be dropped off and picked up from the CCTE campus.
Students that walk to school should use the crosswalk at John Exum Parkway and Liberty Bell Blvd/North Roan Street. The parking lot at Heritage Baptist Church will no longer serve as a drop-off or pick-up point for students.
Tips to avoid problem for drop-off:
- For a.m. drop-off, highest traffic volume around Science Hill High School occurs between 7:20- 7:35 a.m. You can usually avoid most slowdowns in traffic by dropping your student off between 7:00 -7:20 a.m. Grand Topper Hall opens at 7:00 a.m. Students can get tutoring help, go to the Library, meet with their friends, work on homework, grab some breakfast, or just relax prior to going to class at 7:30.
- We encourage you to use the drop-off areas noted by grade band (9th, 10th, & 11th/12th) previously identified. However, if you have students in different grades it is not necessary to drop off at separate points.
- Use right turns when at all possible. Right turns minimize necessity to cross lanes of oncoming traffic and helps traffic move more smoothly.
Tips to avoid problems for pick-up:
- Please make every effort to avoid arriving on campus prior to the 2:45 scheduled dismissal. This is especially important at 9th grade pick up at Topper Lane. Parking is limited and additional vehicles parked along the side of our roads and curbs tend to create additional slowdowns at dismissal as well as create an unsafe situation should emergency vehicles need to come on campus.
- Mass dismissal occurs at Science Hill from 2:45 until approximately 2:52. At that time all buses and most student drivers are leaving campus. By 2:55 most vehicle traffic has left campus. Picking your student up between 2:55- 3:00 p.m. at the designated areas will likely result in minimal wait times and a much easier exit from campus.