Johnson City Schools announces kindergarten registration dates
Kindergarten School Year 2020-21
Contact the school for which your child is zoned and make an appointment to register your child. If you are unable to reach someone at the school, please leave a message with your name, address, phone number, along with your child’s name and child’s birthdate.
- Your child must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2020.
- Bring the following documents: (Your child’s registration is not complete until ALL of the following requirements are met.)
- Proof of Age Affidavit (birth certificate or officially acceptable evidence of date of birth)
Please note: Copies of Birth Certificates may be obtained daily from the Washington County Health Department located at 219 Princeton Road. Please call 423-975-2200 for an appointment. TN residents only.
- Official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
ALL immunization requirements are still in effect. The health department and local doctor’s offices should be providing immunizations according to state guidelines.
Immunization Record which includes the following:
- 5 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) *(4 if dose given after 4th birthday)
- 4 polio (4th dose must be after 4th birthday)
- 3 hepatitis B
- 2 hepatitis A
- 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- 2 Varicella (chicken pox—immunization or proof of disease)
- Health examination, signed by health care provider and dated after 8-1-19
(Appointments for examinations should be made as soon as possible).
- Copy of child’s social security card
If a social security number is unavailable, the school will assign a Personal Identification Number or PIN.
- Proof of residency/address: (i.e.,lease, water or power bill)