Lucas Hitechew is our NiswongerCARE Advisor who specializes in TN Promise and FAFSA assistance. If you have any other questions or concerns, please send him an e-mail.
Applying for the Tennessee Promise
To apply for the Tennessee Promise Scholarship, you must first create a student account in the TSAC Portal. Remember, if you are a dual enrollment student, you probably already have a TSAC student account. You will use the same login information to apply for the Tennessee Promise. It is extremely important that you save your login information for the TSAC Portal because this portal allows you to not only apply for the Tennessee Promise but also for all other scholarships from the State of Tennessee.
To create a student account for the TSAC portal:
- Visit www.tn.gov/collegepays
- Click the TSAC Student Portal box
- Click "Register", and if this is your first visit, click "Create a Login"
- Enter the required information including
- Your first and last name exactly as it appears on your Social Security Card
- Your Social Security Number
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
It is extremely important that all of this information is entered correctly. Please check it before submitting it and do not guess your social security number. Failure to provide accurate information will cause a delay in determining your scholarship eligibility or potential loss of an award.
Applying for the Tennessee Promise is not complete once a student portal account has been created.
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
- Re-enter your Username and Password and answer the challenge question
- Accept the "User Agreement"
- Click the "Apply" button
- Select the Tennessee Promise Scholarship and submit the online application