Our mission as school counselors at Liberty Bell Middle School is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, proactive, and student-centered school counseling program that creates a positive, accepting environment where all students feel safe and supported. We strive to promote academic, social, personal, and career growth for all students through individual counseling, group counseling, and classroom guidance lessons teaching students the skills necessary to transition to HS and ultimately prepare them to be lifelong learners and productive members of society.
In partnership with teachers, administrators, family members, and the community, Liberty Bell Middle School’s counseling program provides students with opportunities for the growth and development necessary to become lifelong learners; prepared to meet the challenges and demands of their future education and careers.
- All students have the ability to learn and be successful.
- All students have the right to be heard.
- All students will have equal access to resources and opportunities to be successful.
- School counselors will be available and accessible to all students.
- Student success is optimized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is developmentally appropriate and focuses on students social and emotional, academic, and career advancement.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators with teachers, administrations, students and their families to create opportunities for academic success and personal growth.
- Data must be collected and analyzed by school counselors to ensure student achievement is maximized through participation in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors must apply and adhere to the ASCA ethical standards.