New Student Registration Information
New students are those who have never attended Johnson City Schools or those who have moved away and did not complete the 2020-2021 school year with us.
Registration is open to all students residing in the City of Johnson City and to those students who have been granted tuition status. To register in Johnson City Schools, the following items must be supplied by the registrant:
The student registration form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian only. To speak with a school representative regarding enrollment questions, call your child's school directly or call Johnson City Schools Central Office at (423) 434-5200. Registration checklists are provided below to assist you with gathering the required documentation.
SHHS Registration Checklist
- Proof of Age Affidavit (Examples include Birth Certificate, insurance papers, doctor's records, etc.)
- Social Security Number (Not required - Schools will issue pin # at time of registration)
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
- Physical: For ALL Students entering school for the first time (Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade and other students from whom there is no health record) - Must be dated after August 1 of the year preceding the year of enrollment.
- Proof of Address: Lease, City Taxes, Power bill, Water bill or Proof of Residency Affidavit
- Custody Papers, if applicable
- Home Language Survey (English), Home Language Survey (Spanish) (Provided by school)
- Emergency/Enrollment Form (English), Emergency/Enrollment Form (Spanish) (Provided by school)
- Occupational Survey (Provided by school)
- Bus Transportation Request Form (Provided by school)
- Medication Forms for Clinic (Provided by school)
- Additional Services Follow-Up (Enrollment Card- Page 3)
- Attendance Policy (Provided by school)
- Elementary Tardy Policy (Provided by school)
- Chromebook Agreement (Provided by school)
Zoning and Tuition Status
Zoning Exception: Parents who would like to request their child attend a different city school outside the school zone for which their child is zoned for, must apply for a zoning exception.
Tuition Application: Parents of students who are not legal residents of the City of Johnson City must submit a tuition application to attend a Johnson City School.
To learn which school your child is zoned for, please visit Johnson City Schools School Zones or call Johnson City Schools Central Office at (423) 434-5200.
Parents or legal guardians must apply annually for their child’s tuition and zoning status, even if they attended Johnson City Schools during the preceding school year.
For more information, please contact Danise Slayton at (423) 434-5219 or to schedule a school tour.
Last Updated: October 12, 2020